Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Own Private Book Club

I used to love to read.  I always thought it would be fun to join a book club.  I am not a crazy book reader but I could definitely handle at least one a month.  And then Sawyer was born.  In a solid 24 months, I didn't read a single book that had chapters, let alone more then 4 words per page.  I was starting to think I didn't even know how to read anymore.  

And then

My mother-in-law handed me a book she had just read and said I might like it.  And I did.  I loved it.  And now I am hooked on reading again.


I am typically the type to judge a book by it's cover.  I like "chick-lit", as they call it.  Brainless stories about shopping and dating and occasionally you come across one or two about motherhood.  My Enemy's Cradle would not qualify as chick-lit but it was oh so good.  Read it, you won't be sorry.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...