Friday, January 7, 2011

Bum Cream Face

Sawyer loves Desitin, or bum cream, if you will.  She loves smearing it on her bum, or on her sister's bum...doesn't really matter who's bum...if you have a sore tush, Sawyer is there to treat it.  Gross, right?  I think so.  But I also think her love for Desitin is pretty hilarious.


This morning I woke up to Sawyer standing in the doorway of my bedroom holding two diapers and the tube of Desitin...this girl was ready for a clean diaper (or bo-gee, as she likes to call it).  I sleepily crawled out of bed and carried both my babes downstairs  (they wake up at the same time).  As I was playing with Harper Sawyer was busy applying bum cream...to her jammies.  Why?  I don't know.






After I realized what was going on I took Sawyer over to the sink and tried washing her off.  I didn't realize at the time that the Desitin was clearly not washing off of her hands, because after we finished "cleaning up" I looked over at her and her face was smeared in bum cream.  Awesome.  I had to wash her pjs twice to get the ointment out, and I washed her hair twice and some Desitin still remained even when she went to bed tonight.  That stuff is dense.


I call this one Bum Cream Face...sort of like Butt Face...only different...





I took this picture just to remember the morning.  Have I even mentioned that I take a lot of pictures?  I never want to forget a single second.  Sawyer loves to stack things, and Harper usually just enjoys playing with her toys by her sister's side.  Harper is laying down in this one...it must have been close to nap time.


Harper is the happiest right after her morning nap.  I am obsessed with this darling baby girl that I get to call my own.  Us moms are lucky, you know it?  Babies are oh so precious.



I sort of hated Harper's hair when she was first born.  It was so dark, and so crazy, and I didn't know what to do with it.  Now I love it and think it couldn't be any cuter.  Lets face it, I love every single little thing about her.


My babies make me crave more babies.  But I also don't want any more babies because I just want to soak up these two as much as I possibly can.  Marc thinks I am crazy, but I kind of feel like I can understand why the Duggars have like 20 kids.  You love them SO much and that love is so intense that you just want to keep duplicating it.  Don't worry though, I am not getting ready to wear prairie clothes anytime soon, I just reallllly love my kids and cherish every moment spent with them (well, lets not exaggerate, there are some moments I would probably rather forget). 


I am really digging my "blue" chair.  Marc thought I should clarify that it is more of an aqua/green/blue...so here I am, clarifying.  My a.g.b chair is so fun.  A.G.B stands for aqua/green/blue...in case you didn't pick up on that ;)  Marc's mom got us those pictures during our trip to Kauai last summer.  I love them because they remind me of our fun family reunion vacation :)



Sawyer was swinging her princess wand around...too bad it got cut out of this picture.


This pillow was supposed to be "temporary" until the new one arrives...but I think I might just keep it there.


While dropping stuff at Children's Orchard today Sawyer something she wanted, so, naturally, she got it.  A little craft project.  I love Sawyer's craftiness...she has a little artsy in her.




Someday Harper will do little projects with Sawyer...for now she just watches on...




I know these are the best days of my life.  I know that.  And I try to remind myself of it every single day.  I am so blessed, so fortunate, and so grateful for this life that I have been given.  I cherish my family soooo much.  All of them.


    
Marc put the kids to bed tonight, but when I do it, I usually can't help but feel a tear.  Is that crazy?  Every evening reminds me that another day has passed and we are all one day older.  I never want to take our time together for granted.  

Today I was clicking through all of the old photos on my iPhone.  I got an iPhone right before Sawyer was born, and I have transferred all of my pictures over with each new phone that I have gotten.  I can't believe how far we have come.  How much everything has changed, yet it is all still the same.  I want to remember everything.  The good, the bad, the great, the sad.  This is my life, and it is everything that I have ever wanted.    
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...