Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Something Stinks Around Here

Don't you hate it when people only write on their blogs about how perfect everything is and how life couldn't be any better?  I do.  Lets face it people, we all have bad days from time to time...no matter how perfect you are.  I am no exception.  Perfect, yes.  Perfect days, no.  


So I told my whole family that after the New Year I was going to potty train Sawyer...going for it "hardcore".  Trash the bogees and bring on the undies (is it disgusting I am even writing about this? Yes.)  My sister sent me an email and asked if I was potty training hardcore...of course I said no.  I am not really the hardcore type of mom, I am more of a go with the flow type.  But anyways, I decided to try my hardcore method.  Sawyer goes on the potty no problem and changing two kids' diapers is getting old.  She wore undies all day today...even out to lunch with a friend.  We got home and she ran to the potty.  Whew, we were doing awesome.  Then, I went upstairs to put Harper down for a nap and I heard Sawyer crying from the family room.  I ran downstairs to see what was up, and with tears streaming from her face she said "Sawyer pooped on her polka dot undies"....ughhhh....seriously?  It was gross people.  She was crying.  I wanted to cry too.  Not cool. I cleaned her up, burned some clothing (obviously kidding, I am not that dramatic) and Sawyer was proud to be wearing a fresh pair of undies.  A little later on Marc got home from work and Sawyer was having a snack, with panic Sawyer says "Change you again!".  Yes my friends, she peed her pants.  What the crap? It appears as though my big girl isn't really ready for all of this potty training business, but she is so close. How close?  Thisclose.  We will probably give it a spin again tomorrow, but if she pees on my carpet (or my couch) we are done for good.  


  
This picture was actually from yesterday.  We had just gotten back from a family walk and Sawyer ran inside to go potty as soon as we got home.  She wanted to go by herself, so she did.  She struggled getting her pants back on so she ran outside (kids were playing in the street) and asked us to help her out.  I love this girl.  Undies were not only on inside-out, but backwards too.  She is so funny.


My husband dislikes wordy blogs...I feel like I am being a little too verbose.  So lets pump this sucker up with some pictures.  Unfortunately I don't have any masterpiece photos to share with you, but this is just what my days look like.


Harper has been catching up on some reading...



And Sawyer loves Toy Story.  She loves the opening song and loves to repeat "You got a friend in me"...


Excuse Harper's sweater...she had a major case of the spit-ups today.

Sawyer loves to play, pretend and make believe...


And both of our girls are growing, growing, growing...



There is always lots of smiles and lots of laughs (with boogery noses and slobber and all)...



And we for sure make time for love and snuggles...


We might poop our pants, and we may not be perfect, but for the most part, we are a pretty happy bunch.  


Oh ya, and Marc, I ordered this for our living room ;)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...