Wednesday, February 9, 2011

104

Oof.  So in my last blog post I mentioned Sawyer having a fever and that I was hoping it was a random fluke thing and I was hoping she would wake up fine in the morning.  No such luck.  Yesterday, Sawyer barfed on me twice and she ended up with a 104 fever by mid-afternoon.  She was miserable.  

This morning Sawyer woke up at 2:45 in the morning and came into bed with me (Marc had already left for work...how terrible is that?) and and then proceeded to wake me up again at 3:30, 4:15 and 6:30.  I decided just to get up at 6:30 because what was the point of sleeping if I wasn't even sleeping well.  Sawyer seemed better this morning.   Her fever was gone, she wanted to do a project, and she even asked for toast for breakfast.  After Harper's morning nap we went to run a couple of errands.  We got to Best Buy and Sawyer refused to put her shoes on and she wanted me to carry her, so I did.  By the time we finished Best Buy (which was a really quick return I had to do) Sawyer was asking to go home.  She never asks to go home.  On the drive home she fell asleep (she never falls asleep in the car) and was even snoring.  We got home and her fever was back to 102 and all she wanted to do was watch TV and lay on the family room floor in her make shift bed.  Sawyer ended up sleeping most of the afternoon, and when Marc got home from work he joined her on the floor for a nice long nap.  I feel sad, my little girl has been so miserable.

Tonight Sawyer was acting happier and I thought she was feeling better.  After putting her to bed I was thinking she was going to be feeling fine next time she woke up.  Nope.  She woke up, her fever is back, and she is sound asleep and snoring on our family room floor again (she didn't want to go back in her room).  Now I am tired and I want to go to bed but I don't want to leave Sawyer alone downstairs because I think she will freak out if she wakes up down here by herself, and I don't want to move her into her bed  in fear that she will wake up.  Looks like I am sleeping on the couch tonight. Fun.

Hopefully tomorrow things will be better.  I am hoping and praying Harper doesn't get sick next.  We leave for vacation on Saturday and I am so looking forward to it...it would be a huge bummer if we have sick kids.  Cross your fingers for us :)

 (This morning I thought Sawyer might be in the clear.  She bathed, got dressed, and even accessorized with some necklaces.)

 (Harper has just been hanging out.  I feel like she has been a little neglected, I will have to make it up to her.)

 (We got this cute banner from etsy.  I love etsy.)


 (These pictures were taken on Sunday before Sawyer started to feel like poo.  Harper was smiling then and is still smiling today.)


(I really really hate having her sick, but her cuddling and napping is pretty cute.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...