Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend in Utah

Last Thursday we traveled to St. George so that we could spend Easter with all of Marc's side of the family.  The girls were so excited to see Grandma & Grandpa and all of the cousins.  Sawyer was anxious to get on an airplane too...she must not be Marc's child because she gets excited about flying, although she constantly thinks the plane is falling out of he sky and insists someone (her dad) holds her hand.  

We flew to Las Vegas and drove to Utah from there.  The girls were great on the plane (going both directions) and it gives me hope that flying alone with them (tomorrow!) won't be so bad.  Please say a little prayer for me.



I am glad Grandma had Easter egg dye because I totally forgot to do that with Sawyer at home.  She had fun and started double fisting the eggs...she just couldn't dye them fast enough.  Matisse was Sawyer's helper.  We love having Matisse around.


The kids were in the pool all weekend.  Harps only went in the pool once, she seemed happier outside of the water.  So instead of swimming she was our lifeguard.  Wouldn't you feel safe? 


Grandma caught a lizard.  Apparently this is what people like to do these days?  I am grossed out by those little critters, but the kids thought it was pretty swell.


I am pretty sure I am one of the only ones that did any relaxing since there were 12 kids running around, but it was pretty nice.


We couldn't keep Sawyer out of the pool.  She wanted to strip down and get in the water whenever she could.


The water was heated to a perfect 92 degrees.  That is how I like to swim.


Matisse and Harper stayed out of the pool madness, and Sawyer got right up in there.  Sawyer is turning into a fish.


Marc is so good with Sawyer in the pool.  I am glad Sawyer has him because I don't think I am nearly as fun.


Hopefully she will be pool safe soon and not need a life vest.


The kids decorated Easter cookies.  They did all kinds of fun things including a water balloon fight.  I didn't really get any pictures of that though because I was hiding in a corner fearing for my life.  


I don't know how we decided this was a good idea, but Sawyer likes to be tossed in the water.  In the 2nd picture you can see her totally smiling.  I love it.


We took a little pool break and went and saw Rio in 3D.  It was really cute.  And everyone seemed to like their glasses...


Sawyer hates dogs.  Harper seems to like them, or at least she liked Hurley.  Here she is with her Aunt Mauri & Uncle Damon & Matisse.  


When everyone went to the movies Harper stayed at home with Grandma and helped her with a few things and then took a nap.  


Another thing that surprised me this trip was that Sawyer was willing to go down the water slide all by herself, and she even liked it.  Who is this child?


On Easter morning there was a kids' egg hunt and an adult egg hunt.  The kids look for candy and the adults hunt for money.  Which egg hunt would you rather be apart of?  Since Sawyer doesn't know the difference, she liked searching for candy :)


The adult hunt gets rather competitive.  I was sweating the night before thinking about it.  Marc kind of stunk it up (he did last year too...he really needs to pick up his game) I scored a golden egg (go me!) but Marc's sister Jacki rocked us all and found 3 golden eggs.  And yes, this was the first time I had ever experienced multiple golden eggs in one hunt.  Stakes were high this year.


Sawyer flew her first kite...while sitting in the spa.  


My friend called Harper a "Happy Head"...I like that.  It is a good way to describe her.  Oh Harper Ray makes me smile.  


Matisse is the oldest grandchild and Harper is the youngest.  Aren't they cute?  We are lucky to have so many great people in our family.


Sawyer was nervous about the Easter Bunny coming to Grandma's house after seeing him at the Mission Viejo Mall, but she was pleasantly surprised that she didn't have to see him, and yet he still left behind a little surprise for her.  Harper liked her loot too.  


Before going to Easter brunch we tried to take a picture of everyone together all dressed up.  Grandpa got lots of pictures on his camera, I will have t steal some from him later.  Can you believe that there are 11 girls and only 1 boy?!  Every time I think about it I can't believe how crazy that is.  There are girls everywhere!


Grandma & grandpa and their 12 grandchildren.  Isn't it crazy how families multiply?


This was Harper on our way home from brunch.  Her tummy was satisfied.  




This was our first Easter as a family of four, and I am so happy we had Harper here with us to celebrate this year.  Every year seems to get better and better, I love this life.


I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...