Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sitting on Top of the World

About a week or so ago we were supposed to go up to Pasadena with some friends and play tourists for a day.  After lunch the guys were being grumpy (or "stupid heads" as Katina called them) and they didn't want to make the drive so we decided to go to Top of the World in Laguna Beach instead.  It ended up being a really good day.  We got park time, family time, friend time, and we got to enjoy a good view.  

I wanted a family picture - Marc wouldn't cooperate (nor would our kids) and Marc is snapping my bra.  How old are we?



Marc & Harper are twinners.  Although Harps does have a little Ballard in her...something about her reminds me of my little brother.  Sawyer looked loads like Marc when she was a baby too.  She still looks like him, but not nearly as much as she did when she was a dinky little thing.  I can't really imagine what it must be like to have a kid that looks loads like you...seems weird, but kind of fun too.  Maybe someday I will know what that is like ;)


Harper is starting to stand on her legs a little bit, it is about time. I personally like Harper's boots, Marc thinks they are like the ugliest things ever, you can make your own judgements (and you don't have to tell me about them).


Sawyer is at such a fun age.  She can tromp through flowers, climb up hills, jump off rocks and all while not making me incredibly nervous that she is on the brink of toppling over (and dying) at any second.  Don't get me wrong, I still worry about her (and there were a few panicked moments that she was going to fall right off of the "top of the world") but for the most part she is pretty independent, and it is so fun watching her explore the world around her.  She is seriously so much fun, and funny, and I adore the fact that I get to spend all my time with her.  Most of the time.  


Harper is probably one of the sweetest people I have ever come across in my entire life.  She is just nice.  And content.  And happy.  And precious.  It has nothing to do with me, or Marc, it is just her.  She is just a really good baby.  We are blessed.  And in love.  We are kind of obsessed with our kids.  And if you like her headband my friend sells them on etsy...check out TheRubyDubieShoppe.  


We for sure aren't perfect, but we are happy.  And that is all that matters.  And we don't step in poop...


Oh wait, Sawyer is making it a habit to step in dog poop everywhere she goes, and unfortunately, my leg was victim of her poopie boot as she stepped on my leg and spread the poopie lovin' on me.  I sort of freaked out.  It seemed worse at the time (looking at the picture it doesn't seem like that big of a deal) but still...totally barfy.




My friend snapped these shots of our little family, and I love them.  Harper looks like she is trying not to blow away, but I think that is a little bit funny. I love you three!  


Life is good, you know?  Sometimes I feel like I am sitting on top of the world.  Don't take a single breath for granted.  




And totally off topic but worth mentioning.  We have been working on potty training Sawyer the last couple of days.  I feel like we are getting there.  Making serious progress.  I am a little concerned because I think Sawyer thinks she has to poop every time she is on the toilet (so she works really hard at it, poor thing)but she only had one accident today...and it was when she wandered into a corner and peed all over our hardwood floor.  Such a star.  She did, however, tell me that she needed to "take a deuce" today, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  And I apologize for talking about poop so often.  I would like to say it is uncommon for me to do so, but ask anyone that knows me or Marc very well...the topic comes up frequently with us.  Maybe we should work on that.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...