Monday, April 18, 2011

Splashing in the Sunshine

This weekend was so much fun!  Friday night we had a sitter and Marc and I got to escape and go out to dinner with our good friends...adult convo is so nice every now and then.  Saturday Marc played with the girls while I shot a wedding, and then on Sunday we got to spend time with my sister's family in the pool and in the sunshine.  It is hard to imagine yesterday's hot temps since today is gray and cold and rainy!  Seriously, what is this weather?  I am so tired today and it is solely because the weather sucks.  Grrr.  I was spoiled and had the sitter come again today so I could run to the mall by myself.  Why is that so heavenly?

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to all of the fun memories I (we) plan on making this summer, especially with family.  It is so nice having my sister and her family living close by so that our kids can play and we can hang out.  Last summer was a little more challenging with each of us having a newborn, but this year I plan on lots of playtime and fun time.  

Harps got pretty wet in the splash pad.  It freaked her out a little bit, but she was a sport. 



Mazie loves the splash pad so much she even likes drinking the water.  I don't know how I didn't get a picture of it...it was pretty classic.



We are going to be in Utah for Mazie's first birthday (she is turning 1 this week!!!) so we brought her birthday present to the pool.  Sawyer likes to help people open their presents.  



For our anniversary last December Marc got me a waterproof camera.  We had used it in the snow but hadn't really given it a good water trial.  It totally works underwater...how fun is that?  The pictures aren't the highest of quality, but it is still pretty rad.


Sawyer has way more fun in the pool with her dad than she does with me.  If I was her I would think that Dad was way more fun too.


Sawyer likes jumping in.  My camera is a little slow so it is hard to catch action shots ;)  But you get the idea.


The Dimicks in the pool (there is a water spot over Harper's face).


Harper's legs :)




Sawyer was having fun chatting with her Uncle Gabe.  At times it almost even seemed like she was flirting with him.  A little weird.  A lot funny.


Harp's tried on Sawyer glasses.


My little mellow lady's bottom left tooth has broken through the gums (you can't really see it, but you can feel it) and she is now trying to figure out how to move.  She scoots on her bum a little bit, but I think she is getting ready to crawl.


Mazie and Harper got in some bonding time and Mazie tried to feed Harps a dirty puff off of the ground.  Harper didn't go for it.


The Willhites! Love them :)




Mazie Moo started to get really tired (she missed her morning nap).


She slept for like 20 minutes in her stroller.  Not bad.


As we were getting ready to leave Sawyer got chapped that we weren't going to Bryt & Gabe's house.  We had to get going because I had a photo shoot.  


Harper was exhausted.  She was so hard to wake up.  I put laundry away in her room, cleaned up toys, and she didn't wake up until I physically lifted her out of her bed (I needed to wake her up to have dinner).


I love it when we have weekends that remind me of how lucky we really are.  We live in a great place, have great family, and I love the people I get to spend my life with.  Nothing can ever top that.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...