Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Shore

We are getting packed up and ready to head to Virginia to spend the 4th of July with my family and then we are taking a road trip up to the Jersey Shore.  New Jersey gets a bad wrap...I lived there when I was little, and I don't remember it being bad at all.  I am exited to go back :)


Spring Lake, New Jersey
1990ish


Spring Lake Boardwalk
(early 90's...I think)


(Momma, I am not so sure about that skirt?)

This will be out fourth 4th of July as parents.  We spent our first 4th with Sawyer at the Top of the World in Laguna Beach.  We never made it to see fireworks because I ended up with mastitis and felt like poo so we went home...we were also worried the fireworks would be too loud for Bean's little ears.  We were new parents, it kind of explains things.


This was also from Sawyer's first 4th of July when we were laying by the pool.  I remember someone saying "It's a boy, right?"  I remember feeling so insulted.  Looking at this picture I still think she looks like a girl, but I totally get it...she was hanging out in a white onesie in a brown stroller, it was probably a little deceiving.


Our next 4th of July was spent in Virginia at my parents' house.  My sister and husband were there, as well as my brother-in-law's parents, my brother-in-law's brother and my mom's mom.  It was a full house.  My parents watched Sawyer so Marc and I could go into DC to see the fireworks.  It was awesome.  The whole trip was awesome.  Lots of fun memories there.

(I think I need my hair blondish again.  Not this bleachy blonde, but blonder than it is right now.)

Here is me and my Bubbie (my mom's mom).



We spent last 4th of July with my sister and her family at their pool in Irvine and then went to Laguna Hills to watch the fireworks there.  Harper was just a teenie tiny thing, I can't believe how much she has changed and grown. (And I can't believe how white I was for being the middle of summer...clearly I was busy inside taking care of my wee little people.  Geesh.)


For Harper's 4th of July we weren't worried about her ear and we parked our bums on a blanket right under the fireworks and watched the show.  Sawyer loved it, Harper slept through it.  



I really love the 4th of July.  I love that it is a family holiday, and it is festive and fun but you don't have the stress and pressure of buying presents and decorating the whole house (maybe some people do? we don't).  I love it and I am so excited to get to spend an entire week with my family (Marc is skipping out on work, ya!) and just hang out and play and enjoy us some sunshine.

I love the United States too :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...