Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Little Bit of Trauma | Stair Climbing | Carousel Ride

Last weekend Marc, Sawyer & Harper had a traumatizing experience.  Marc was outside with the girls in our backyard and Harper was sitting in her high chair (I wasn't home).  Harper wasn't strapped in (she typically isn't) but Marc was sitting right next to her so he didn't think it was a big deal.  Harper suddenly slipped in her chair and slid down under the tray part and got stuck.  Marc wasn't able to push her out, or pull her through the bottom so he ended up having to break the seat apart to get her out.  It sounded terrible, I was partly really glad I wasn't there, I would have been a hot mess.  From what I was told, Sawyer was terrified and Marc and Harps were crying.  So so sad.  So glad my baby was ok, so glad Marc was there to rescue her (Marc says that if I had been home alone when that happened I would have had to call 911...)


After Harper had her high chair incident and Marc calmed her down and got her all happy again, Harper scooted over to the back door (which was opened) and fell on her face onto our patio.  She now has war wound scraped her left side of her face.  Our poor little girl, she had a rough day.


Yesterday, when I went upstairs to empty the trash cans and get the vacuum cleaner I left the girls downstairs playing in the family room.  When I came out of my bedroom I was shocked to see none other than my little Harpoo sitting at the top of the stairs.  I had no clue Harper was able to climb stairs, and I don't know how she managed to do it without falling backwards.  I was so impressed (and a little stressed out).


I am now shopping around for baby gates (thanks to my sister's advice I think we found the ones we want) and I purchased a new high chair (also thanks to my sister...we are copying her).  I was getting excited to buy a new area rug for our family room...but it looks like our moolah is going towards baby gear instead...that is ok...just close your eyes when you come to our house and ignore our rug...it has had a tough year...it is not looking too hot.


Since Harper's high chair is out of commission she is using Sawyer's old high chair.  I don't love it because I like her having a tray, but it works until diapers.com delivers our new one.  Sawyer thought it was so cool that Harps was in her old seat (and don't judge their donut breakfast).


After breakfast we ran some errands and we somehow found ourselves at the Spectrum.  Sawyer always asks to ride the carousel and I always tell her it is broken (mean mom!) but today I caved and we went for a ride.  Sawyer was SO happy and Harper was a little unsure...at one point Harper was both laughing and crying at the same time, but overall it was an enjoyable experience for all 3 of us.

 (check out her baby blues, aren't they awesome?)



 (this photo documents the scrapes on her face from the fall out the backdoor...they are already looking way better than they did on Monday)


(so happy to be on the "horsies")

After we got home the girls were hungry so I fed them and then we started to pick out the clothes we were going to pack for Idaho and Sawyer decided to play dress up.  I love these girls of mine.  What the heck would I do without them?

Her "pieces of teef" smile makes me happy...


 (look how grubby the side of her chair is...ugh....I just barfed)



  
This video doesn't show much, but you get the idea...Harper figured out the stairs.

video

Hopefully we can keep the trauma out of our life from now on...that is the scariest part about life...bad things can happen at any given moment.  I try to not take a single second for granted.  Sometimes I do.  But I try not to.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...