Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

I feel like Halloween came and went so fast this year.  I am dying that it is already November...really?  Where did 2011 go?  Holy smokes.  


In preparation for Halloween the night before Marc and Sawyer carved a pumpkin.  I actually did something with the pumpkin seeds this year and made carmelized-spicy seeds, they were really yummy.




On Halloween I made some cupcakes.  Sawyer helped with the decorating, Harper helped with the frosting eating.  She was loving it.



This year the girls dressed up as Minnie Mouse and Snow White.  Harper refused to wear her ears...whenever I would get close to her with them she would back up and scream.  Piggy tails it was.




My mom made the girls trick-or-treat baskets, I loved them.



Ages ago I was Snow White for Halloween (I was just a year or two older than how old Sawyer is now).  My costume was straight up creepy.  I had to do a little comparison.



I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to get a picture of my girls together.


The Willhites came over and we ate dinner and then headed out trick-or-treating.  Some of our neighbor friends trick-or-treated with us too, it was a good evening.



Mazie totally got the concept of trick-or-treating, she kept saying "more".  Harper was pretty confused and was happy wandering around holding a single piece of candy in her hand.  Harper's favorite was when she could pick out her own candy (like when people weren't home and just left a bucket of treats on their front porch).  




It was nice to have family here with us...holidays like this always make for fun memories.





And then it was time to say goodnight so Mazie and Harper gave each other a hug (or was it a shove?) and off to bed it was.  



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...