Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl Weekend

All of last weekend was really super ;)  Today was a gray dreary day and looking at these pictures just reminded me of how thankful I am to live where I live and get to spend most of my days in the sunshine - I don't do well in the gloom.  


The whole weekend was all about family time, which I think it always should be.  Saturday we went to the garden center, worked in the yard, ate lunch outside, danced in the backyard, went to the park, and Marc and I got to escape out to dinner with some adult friends and have adult conversation.  The day was pretty great.





I think this pouty face was just a joke, because if I remember correctly, she was all smiles almost the whole day.



We have a new park going up by our house so we went to go check it out but it isn't open yet so we headed back to the barn park.  Harper loves the swirly slide, she climbs right to the top like one of the big kids. Notice Sawyer climbing up the slide as Harper is going down...






On Super Bowl Sunday we started the day with a visit to the tide pools in Laguna Beach with one of Marc's work friends and his girlfriend.  The girls got a donut and an "ice shake" and then we headed to the beach.




I didn't expect the weather to be so nice...it was such a perfect morning.  The girls had a ton of fun, and I had a good time too.  Sawyer got pretty into it...she was having fun searching for shells with her dad.






We took our engagement pictures at this same spot in Laguna Beach back in September of 2006.


After we got home from the beach and we put Harper down for a nap Marc planted our first citrus tree!  I hope we can grow some oranges, I am so excited about this.


We went over to my sister's to watch the game.  I think I maybe saw .5 seconds of the game.  Us girls were busy down with the babes at the splash pad/kiddie pool and when we were inside I was busy with the little ones.  It was a perfect afternoon though, and I know that Sawyer & Harper had a perfect Sunday.  I had a perfect Sunday too.  By the time we left we were all exhausted and everyone in my family was asleep by 7:30.  Party. Animals.  


I love how putting Harper's hair in a pony tail accentuates her cheeks, I adore her.





These three kept fighting over that silly bucket...


Aren't they three of the cutest little girls?  I am obsessed with them.



I think that was one of my favorite Super Bowl weekends to date.  Thanks family for making it a good one :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...