Thursday, March 22, 2012

Splashin' with Toots and Moo

Before my mom had to head back to DC we got in a fun afternoon at the splash pad.  My mom was watching Mazie for the day so the two of them came over and we suited up for some water fun.   I mentioned going to the splash pad and all 3 little kids ran to find bathing suits - it was hilarious because upon hearing "splash" both Mazie and Harper ran into Harper's room and picked out swimsuits.  It is amazing how much those little people can understand.

I say this a lot but I love the splash pad.  It is rarely crowded, it is so easy with the kids, and it is less stressful than the pool because the kids don't have to be able to swim.  

It was a nice afternoon with my mom and the kiddos, wish we had more days like this.

My favorite thing about our double-stroller is that Harper likes her friends to ride along with her (Sawyer only rides if we are going on a long walk/run). 




I love it when I can see the excitement written all over my kids' faces.




The water is stealing Harper's toy.



Mazie can tolerate colder water temperatures than my kids, apparently.  She got far more soaked than my kids ever have and was happy about it.



Apple sauce and Nilla Wafers were a hit.  The "fort" was also rather popular.




These two really know how to chow down.  It was rather impressive watching them shovel cookies into their mouths.





She was legitimately having the best time.


Drinking the water is never a good idea.



When we got back to my house I set out some beach chairs so that my mom and I could sit down while the girls played.  The girls thought the chairs were for them.  

I had some french fries left over from my lunch.  Mazie was all about the cold soggy fries.  I like it when she offers the fry to Harper, Harper accepts, and then Mazie decides she'd rather have it for herself :)


Harper was so happy sharing her chair with Mazie - she was so unhappy when Sawyer also decided to share the chair.



Harper needed some Tutu lovin' to help her mood recover (I die over Harper's chubby little legs).


Bryt, this one is for you.  It reminds me of us and you always choking on your water or something ;) Haha love it. 



I told the girls to put their arms around each other for a picture.  This is what I got.


After a fun and full day it was time to say goodbye to my mom.  We miss her when she is gone but we are SO excited we get to spend Mother's Day with her this year :)  Love you Mom, come back even sooner if you can ;)


And if the pictures weren't enough cuteness...here are some videos of the little girls in action.  How can you not love them?!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...