Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"strawberry picking with my boys"

Sawyer's preschool class had a field trip to Tanaka Farms. Parents were allowed to tag along and we got to do some strawberry picking.  Of course Harper and I jumped on the opportunity, and I am glad we did because it was a fun afternoon.  Picking and eating strawberries fresh off the vine was a real treat, and the girls had so much fun.  We also got to ride in a wagon and got a tour of the farm and snacked on fresh farm cut veggies.  


Sawyer is in a preschool class with all boys so when she saw the pics she said "oh yeah, that is just me strawberry picking with my boys".  Marc and I laugh every time she refers to her classmates as her boys, it is pretty cute.







Eat as you go?  Harper's Heaven.



The strawberry farms have been struggling a little bit this year due to the unpredictable weather we have had, so instead of being able to pick our own carton of strawberries to take home, they gave us some that they had already picked.  Either way, they were yummy.



Before heading home we stopped at the farm stand and bought some sugar snap peas and these spicy peanuts (I couldn't resist...I had major spicy cravings early in my pregnancy).  These things were dang hot!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...