Friday, July 6, 2012

Stuck in a Rut

After we got home from our Hawaiian vacation I was kind of stuck in a rut.  The weather was funky, I was a little bored, a little tired, and honestly, I was sort of depressed that Marc had to go back to work.  We somehow survived with Pinterest activities, park play dates (thank goodness for friends) and of course, paint projects.


We attempted making Jello cookies...a recipe I saw on Pinterest. They looked cute, sounded fun, tasted like sugar coated barf...they made my stomach ache big time.  Won't be making them again but the kids enjoyed mixing up the colors and playing with the dough.  




We did some naked painting outside which seriously never gets old.  Harper got much messier than usual, but the kids had fun, so whatever.





Messy painters turned into messy happy little girls that needed to take a bath...



My one year old Dyson vacuum bit the dust (get it? haha) and we took it back to Costco to see if they would return it.  Costco is awesome and gave us a full refund and I finally got the Oreck which my sister has been insisting is the best vacuum - yes Bryt, you are right, I love love the Oreck (I hate it when you are right).  Since Costco is so rad we celebrated with some super greasy Costco pizza that the kids loved.


The kids chased one another around the kitchen a lot - that is pretty standard around here.






A new swimsuit showed up in the mail for Harps and I was obsessed as soon as she put it on...


One day I was feeling particularly sorry for myself when we went outside to play and it was cold and rainy! Rainy.  In June.  The girls played in the garage before we treated ourself to lunch at Cafe Rio and a park play date with their good little pal Lauren.





We ended our Friday with a little bit of wrestling and we were excited to hear up for Father's Day Weekend!


And this did keep me chuckling all week long...







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...