Monday, August 31, 2015

Day Two of School and SC Pier

So the first day back to school is exciting.  The second day back to school is a little less exciting, and a lot more depressing. Depressing for me, not for the kids.  The second day was the first "real" day for Harper, meaning I didn't get to go to class with her.  I didn't sob as much as I did when I dropped Sawyer off for her first "real" day of kinder, but I definitely had to hold back some tears. Luckily both girls were excited and anxious for the second day, so that made things somewhat easier.  I also had my parents coming to visit that day, so that gave me something to look forward to.



This year is a little wonky because Harper didn't get into "early bird" kindergarten, which means I drop Sawyer off at school, and then I have to go back to the school like an hour and a half later and drop Harper off.  I also have two different pick up times which kind of blows (and a whole different story), but I am going to try and make the most of it and start reading books again.  I don't think I have read a single chapter book in an entire year, pretty sad.  But anyways, to kill time in between drop offs I ran into Target with my 3 littles and ended up coming home with a stuffed Iron Man toy (Decker's current obsession) and some random coloring stuff and a few Avengers cups.  Target with kids is dangerous…especially when you are trying to avoid any kind of whining, complaining (really just any kind of unpleasant sound/voice) at all.  




My parents got into town while both girls were at school.  It was such a treat to have them help me out with pick ups and drop offs while they were visiting.  I loved their help so much, but the girls loved seeing their grandparents at pick up even more!  O also just loved having my parents around and having them to chat with and hang out with.  



Most days, Marc and Sawyer will get home from work and school at about the same time…which is awesome!  Makes fitting in family play time a lot easier! I would hate it if we had to start cutting into our beach going time ;)



Once everyone was home and settled we headed down to the pier for a little beach combing and surfing.  Afterwards we met up with my sister and her family for some dinner.








On Thursday, after sending the girls off to school…again, my mom and I headed down to Crescent with the boys.  It was hot and Decks was a little grouchy, but it was still fun.  Thursday night Marc had a work golf tournament and my parents had dinner reservations with some work friends of theirs so it was just me and the kids at home.  I snapped some photos of my parents before I sent them off on their date.  They are the cutest.  


Decks got washed out to sea moments after this...


There were a few moments there when I wished I was escaping on a dinner date out with my parents...




At one point my mom said something along the lines of "I am glad we have our own photographer" but I thought she said "I am glad we made ourselves our own photographer" which I thought was pretty funny.  



  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...