Monday, August 13, 2012

Angel Eyes

Oh our little Harper Girl.

If I was asked to describe her in one word I really don't know what I would say - she is so sweet and sensitive, and adorable and lovable, but wow that little one can be a stinker.  She is way different than her big sister Sawyer.  Sawyer can be a stinker too, don't get me wrong, but Harper has a funny way of being naughty, and as much as you want to scream your head off, you can't because she just has a way about her.  I wouldn't say that Harper is bad but maybe just a little mischievous.  


There is something kind of angelic about Harper.  She has some of the sparkliest baby blues, white blonde hair and scrumptious tan skin.  She comes off being rather shy and she is a little mama's girl.  She is darling.  Don't let her looks fool you though, this one has a little devil in her.  Have you heard that song "Angel Eyes"?  It almost makes me cry because it is so totally about our beloved baby.

"There’s a little bit of devil in her angel eyes
She’s a little bit of heaven with a wild side
Got a rebel heart a country mile wide
There’s a little bit of devil in her angel eyes
A little bit of devil in her angel eyes"

- Love and Theft

Yesterday I was trying to get the house cleaned up and get ready to go to a baby shower.  While Sawyer was busy coloring a picture Harper was busy coloring herself...twice I had to wash her off and take the markers away from her.





While I was blow drying my hair Harper disappeared...I came downstairs to find her up on the kitchen counter with zinc oxide smeared all over her face, smudged all over everything inside my purse (including a brand new Crewcuts cardigan for Sawyer...it looks awesome with stained neon green polka dots now), and across the top of the counter.  I took her upstairs to give her a bath and then I tried to finish getting dressed.  Next thing I know she is smearing Desitin all over herself and everything.  Oh why child?  



I love my baby to pieces and for the most part I am able to find the humor in all of the little things that she does.  If I couldn't laugh, I probably really would go insane ;)




Have I mentioned that she also likes to be naked?  I often find her in the nude - lets pray it is just a phase.



Even though there are challenging moments in parenting, the good always out weighs the bad.  At the end of the day, I am obsessed with my little people.



I am even obsessed with them when all I want is a little space and both kids insist on sitting on top of me while we watch a movie...

Now that it is Monday lets hope I survive the week while Marc is back at work (why of why can't that guy be home with me every single day...I love having him here with me) :)

Our favorite time of day is when Marc gets home from work.  Even when he is tired and worn out we still cannot wait to see him.  The girls like to wait outside for him on the porch, if they are busy inside when he gets home they usually run downstairs to greet him (note to self: clean off the front porch).


We adore this guy - we are 3 lucky girls.


Around our house there is always a little music for your soul...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...