Friday, May 23, 2014

Valentine's Day

I will be honest, I didn't put a whole lot of thought into Valentine's Day this year.  I bought some small gifts the day before while I was at the mall and didn't have anything too festive planned.  I didn't mean for it to be this way, but with Harps so sick prior, and family visiting, and getting ready for our trip to Idaho, I just didn't have the energy.  Lucky for me, the kids had a great day regardless and they didn't care/notice that I kind of dropped the ball this year.

The night before I set out a few gifts and tried to decorate…I did this like 10 minutes before I went to bed and the creative juices were not flowing.  I hung up little hearts for each family member and wrote down some things I loved about them and I threw a couple of old decorations on the kitchen table. 



My kiddos were so cute in the morning, snuggling and loving on each other and taking turns reading books.  




Not sure whether or not it is "tradition" but every Valentine's Day we seem to spend the day with some of our most favorite friends.  A beach day with Ellie, Cash & Duke was so much fun.  The weather was weird, going from sunny to foggy, cold to hot, but it was still a good day.











Cannot help himself but touch everyone's boogie boards (these were not ours).




 Every time we are all together I cannot believe how much we have multiplied.  



Marc and I had planned on staying home that night since we had our flight to Idaho early the next morning but last minute we decided to take the kids to Sundried Tomato for a holiday dinner.  Our meal was far from romantic…we ate in shifts and took turns walking around outside with Decker, he wasn't in a fine dining kind of mood.

The girls picked out their own clothes and no one wanted to cooperate for a picture.  You win some, you lose some.




I think next year I will put a little more thought into this day, but the kids thought it was great even without any flair, so I guess that is all that matters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...