Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Soccer Saturdays, Sandy Strolls and Feeling a Little Fancy

I love soccer.  I love that Sawyer is having fun playing soccer this year.  I love that soccer is an outdoor sport and our other kids can crawl/run around while Sawyer plays.  I love that game time is also family time.  Soccer makes me happy.







I also love that I am not pregnant during these crazy hot days of September.  I have said it 100 times before, but waddling around in September of 2012 in the sweaty hot heat waiting for Decker's arrival was brutal for me...I almost didn't survive (kidding about the not surviving part, of course).  I love that we live close enough to the beach that we can just skidaddle over there whenever it sounds fun.  On Saturday it worked out that Decker had a late nap (because of soccer) so we were actually all awake and up for watching the sunset (watching the sunset...at the beach...is quite possibly one of my most favorite things ever).  I also love that Marc's schedule lets us do fun things as a family on weekdays too...like 4:00 beach strolls on a Tuesday afternoon, yes please.













On Sunday I met up with my sister and Mazie and we went to a book
signing / story time with the illustrator of the Fancy Nancy books, Robin Preiss Glasser.  My girls were tired and didn't seem to really understand what was going on, but they were happy to each get a new book and to dress up "fancy".  They almost suckered me into cloth Fancy Nancy dolls too, I am just glad that my sister had the sense to show me the price tag...no thanks paying $32 per doll.  Just sayin', a little too spendy for me for something they will play with for one second.









Monday was a quiet day with my littles and I got to see my dad in the evening...I love it when he comes to town for work, it is like bonus time spent with him.


Harps had a Twinkie and decided to share it with Decker...


And when Harper is in charge of playtime there is always a mess left behind...








I am pretty sure my heart smiles when all three kids are playing happily together.  It is pretty much like watching my dreams in real time, I love it.


Decker always has his big sisters watching out for him...



For Decker's birthday my dad sent him an Urlacher jersey and a Chicago Bears hat.  Decker shares a birthday with his Great Grandpa Ballard (my dad's dad) who is no longer here with us but I know he is smiling down from heaven at Decks in his Bears paraphernalia...he was a big Chicago Bear's fan himself.






Life is pretty happy right now and later this week they are starting construction on our playroom/bonus room/guest room thing.  I am really excited.  Construction doesn't sound too fun, but it will be nice to have a little more space!  I am super stoked that this means we will be getting new carpet too, I have been hating on our carpet for awhile now.  Deciding on a paint color has been my biggest challenge lately...


Today I hung at home, went for a run with my littles and the kids played with their neighbor friends after school.  I think Decker may have even said a little prayer...




I do know for a fact that Decker said "bye" to the cashier at Ralph's.  Proud Mom moment right there!! :)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...