Monday, July 18, 2011

Since We've Been Back...

I've been a terrible blogger this month.  Seriously, is it really already the 18th and only 45 ore minutes until the 19th?  This summer needs to slow the heck down.  This month has been busy, but it has been great.  You may or may not believe this, but I haven't had my "big camera" on me much lately.  I have been relying on my iPhone.  My "work" has been pretty busy so I can hardly even imagine keeping up with my own family photos too.  I will get back  on track, and soon.  I am making a promise to myself.





I am obsessed with my girls and their bright blonde hair and tan skin.  I am, in fact, jealous.




Since we have been home from our trip back east we have been enjoying ourselves some sunshine, hanging at home, Sawyer is finishing up the last of her swim sessions for the season, Harper learned to sit up in her crib all by herself (at the ripe old age of 13 1/2 months!), and we have "been like looking at each other and like loving each other".  Have I ever told you about that?  It is one of my favorite Sawyer quotes.  One day I was driving and Harper was being really quiet in the back seat.  I looked in my rearview mirror and asked Sawyer what Harper was up to.  Sawyer's response "she is like looking at me, and she is like loving me!" it totally made my day...and continues to make my days whenever I think about it.  I love the things toddlers say (especially my toddler).


Harper sitting up in her crib...rubbing her eyes because she was crying :(


Sandy Harper getting all cleaned up after the beach.


Unfortunately, Harper likes to drink bath water.




Sometime last week Sawyer had her 3 year-old check up.  Yes, 3?!  I can't even believe it myself.  It is impossible for me to have a 3 year old, but I do, it blows my mind.  I know, you probably want to gag, but seriously, the it has been the best 3 years of my life (and I am not just saying that).  Most days (some aren't as good as others) I want to pinch myself and make sure everything is real.  


Sawyer's Stats

Weight - 30 lbs. - 50th percentile
Height - 39 inches - 80th percentile

Sawyer was really nervous about her doctor's appointment, she ended up doing great!




While we are on the topic of Sawyer, today, out of the blue she told me with a smile "I don't want to be good, I want to be awful!".  It made me laugh.  And she laughed.  I have no clue where it came from, my lucky for me she was totally lying, we had a great day together.  I don't think she is actually capable of being awful.  



She did, however, pee on the concrete before heading back to her swim lesson (and she was sure proud of it).



My kids are amazing.  I love them.  It seems like when my house is clean I love them even more because I am not stressed out about getting things cleaned up.  How pathetic is that?  Wait, wait, let me rephrase.  I always love them, but I enjoy them more when I am not stressed out about silly little stuff.





Marc is a superstar.  I have been busy.  He comes home from work and her gets put on kid duty.  He does get to go to the gym first, but then his "relaxing" time is spent taking care of his little peeps.  I came home from a shoot the other night and Marc and Sawyer were in the backyard grilling me a hotdog and had a place set up for me to eat my dinner.  They chatted with me and Sawyer asked me how my day was.  Marc is also big on "walking" Harper and  working on getting her legs mobile and having her get in a daily workout.  I love him.  We spent the weekend at the pool and at the beach.  Marc plays with the kids so cute.  Today when I went to go get my hair done (finally!) he took both of the girls to the pool and they swam for an hour and a half.  I love that.  



I am a lucky mom.  I am a lucky wife.  Remind me how I got so lucky again?




Now it is time to get ready for our next trip since we leave in a week and a half.  Have I mentioned that I love summer?  I love vacation too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...