Friday, May 13, 2011

My Hair is Dancing

I was in a bad mood the other day.  I know, it happens. I was feeling over anxious about the amount of "catching up" I needed to do in regards to not only my editing, but my laundry, my dusting, my dishes, my vacuuming, my thank you notes (yes...I owed some notes that went all the way back to February! Shameful.) and just general personal hygiene because my hair looked like it belonged on a dirty mop and with all of the things I needed to do I wasn't quite sure how a shower would fit into the madness. Some way, somehow, me and the girls made it out of the house (fully clothed, totally bathed) and ran some errands (what those errands were I don't even remember at this point but they must have been important if I put them ahead of my long to-do list at home). While we were driving home we had the music loud and the sun was shining and our windows were rolled down. Sawyer yells from the backseat "Mom! My hair is dancing!" with a huge fat cheesy smile on her face. Right then and there my bad mood disappeared, and I reminded myself that all that other stuff isn't that important, but enjoying life and my girls (and husband too!) are the things that matter most.  I like seeing the world through my kids' eyes, and I want my hair to dance too. It's the little things, really.


"Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise" 
- Zac Brown Band

p.s Blogger had some technical difficulties and somehow managed to delete my last post...I am sure you are sad.  I am sad too.  Hopefully it will show up again soon or I might have to try and recreate it and then it just won't be the same. Oof!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...