Monday, January 9, 2012

Disneyland at the Beach

Hannah Montana is a popular movie in our house, and every time that the scene at the Santa Monica Pier comes on, Sawyer tells us that she wants to go there and she refers to it as "Dinseyland on the beach".  On Sunday Marc and I decided to make her dreams come true and to take her to that very place.  Harper was invited as well ;)



It was a really pretty day, we were lucky.


Waiting for her Dippin' Dots



When I was 15 I worked at Wild Rivers.  Dippin' Dots were the only thing I liked about working there...I got them on every single break.


Sawyer only wanted to go on one ride, so we got her a ticket.  It was a ride called "Sig Elert"...it was a bumper car ride.


It was hilarious watching Sawyer...she barely moved at all except for in circles.  No one else was on the ride at the same time as her, so she just bumped into other cars that weren't even moving. Fun times.



We left the pier and headed over to 3rd Street Promenade.  The kids fueled up with snacks.  I am pretty sure I saw a famous guy and his daughter...the problem is, I can't remember what his name is, maybe I will get around to Googling him later.



We walked around a bit before heading home.  


Sawyer slept most of the ride home so it was really hard to get her to bed at night.  I was so glad when she finally fell asleep. (she had her arm outstretched holding onto my shirt so that I wouldn't leave her...it was tricky sneaking out of her room).


It is so fun going on day adventures with my family, our kids are such good ages.  Doing things with the kids just keeps getting easier.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...