Monday, January 9, 2012

We Ran For Ruby!

Me and my gang woke up early Saturday morning so that we could participate in the Run for Ruby. There was no way we were going to miss this run - that little Ruby girl has meant a lot to us, and so has her family, so we woke up our babes and made our way to Rancho Santa Margarita.

The event was awesome. There were over 400 registered to run. I was surrounded by so many familiar faces.  My sister even came and she isn't really a fan of running. I wasn't sure how the girls would do sitting in the stroller for the 5k but they did so wonderfully. Marc and I ran the whole way and made good time (we both had sweatshirts on covering up our numbers so our actual time wasn't recorded for us and we aren't positive where we finished...but we know we did decent). The girls were quiet and just enjoyed watching the crowd. I only teared up 5 or 6 times and it made me so happy to see so much good in the world - so many people all out supporting the same good cause.








Holding their medals after the race...





After we got home we cleaned the house a bit and Harper napped. Then we headed downtown for some pizza at Selma's. I feel like we have had very few Saturdays in the last few months where I didn't have a photo shoot and we weren't with other friends & family -it was really nice just being the four of us.




Sawyer loves the dinner mints they bring you when they hand you your bill.




We had promised the girls a trip to the park so we stopped there on our way home from lunch. Temperatures have dropped so we were freezing and we headed home to put on jackets & play outside. I love living on a cul-de-sac and I love having so many little kids around for the girls to play with - we got so lucky with that when we bought our house.















After I went inside Marc & the girls had an impromptu dance party in the garage and we did a little FaceTime with cousin Mazie.  We put Harper to bed and watched a movie with Sawyer (well Dad fell instantly asleep...but that's ok).  It was a cozy relaxing night and it was perfect.

I adore my family. I love days where all of our time is dedicated to being with one another.  Living my life is (mostly) like living a dream - I really do have everything I have ever wanted. How cool is it to be able to say that? Some days I am cranky & difficult but I have been on a Happy High since the start of 2012 and I sure hope it just keeps going!

I strongly encourage you to participate in the Run for Ruby in 2013. You can learn more here.



You can read a newspaper article about the run here.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...