Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wheezer/1 Year Stats

Harper finally had her 1-year well check-up but she was unable to get her immunizations today because she is sick.  Again.  Her sickness doesn't have a name, but she is wheezy, and coughing, a little bit sad, and she was given an inhaler.

(eating a snack during her appointment, trying to keep her happy)


Both of the girls have had an ongoing cough for awhile now.  It didn't seem like a big deal, but the last few nights have been crappy.  The both cough all night long, in unison.  Sawyer woke up this morning with a fever and with glazed over glossy eyes.

(playing before bed last night)


Harper's doctor's appointment was probably my worst doctor appointment experience yet.  Harper screamed when they checked her ears, screamed when they looked in her throat and coughed and gagged and turned bright red and we basically had to restrain her because she kept swatting the doctor away.  I looked over at Sawyer at one point and her lower lip was quivering and her eyes were filled with tears, she was worried about her little sister.

(sisters/best friends)


I am tired  now.  It is only 10:36 and this day has exhausted me.  I don't get bothered when my kids cry when getting shots, because I know the shots are for the better.  I just feel bad when my kids are crying because they don't feel good and are uncomfortable.  I wish I could make them feel good again.  Fortunately I know they will probably both be as good as new in a couple of days, just getting to that point is kind of a drag.


Harper is napping and Sawyer is watching the Princess and the Frog , a new favorite movie of hers.  We stream it from our Apple Tv.  I love our Apple Tv.  I also don't mind this movie so I am sitting on the couch too.  I should be cleaning, possibly cooking, definitely doing laundry, and probably tackling some more editing, but it is nice sitting here with Sawyer (holding her hand....typing with my free hand), so I am not going to feel bad.

(random picture of my necklace from a cute friend, i was feeling "artsy")


Harper's 1 Year Stats -
Weight 19 lbs. 4 oz. (20th percentile)
Height 28. 5 inches (30th percentile)
Head Circumference 17.5 inches (30th percentile)


Oddly enough, Harper's stats are basically identical to her cousin Mazie's 1-year stats.  Mazie seems so much smaller for some reason, but they have been the same size pretty much forever.  They have the same color hair too.  Sandy lightish yellow blonde.  They are terribly different from one another, but yet, so similar too (Mazie is wheezy now too and was prescribed an inhaler).  It is fun having a cousin just 5 weeks older...we couldn't have planned it if we tried.


p.s I am really sick of listening to coughing all day long...just for the record.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...