Monday, October 17, 2011

First you make an "S"

Some of our awesome neighbors volunteered to take Sawyer along with them on their walk while Harper napped and I did a little work. On the walk the kids were talking about how they can spell their names. Sawyer sometimes knows how to spell her name, but most of the time, she doesn't. When Sawyer was asked how you spell her name she responded, "First you make an 'S' and then you make a 'awyer'" (she didn't say the individual letters, she just made an "oyer" sound) - I thought it was hilarious. Later when I reminded her of how the spelling goes she told me "Mom, my name doesn't have all those numbers!". Slowly but surely people, slowly but surely.

Later when she was "reading" to Harper she just kept saying "Captain America!" as she turned the pages.

It's the little things that make me smile.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...