Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just As Much

I spend a lot of time with my kids, basically every second of every day. The few minutes I have without them I spend thinking about them. I think about how much our girls need us...they really need us, at this point they still need us for survival. But then I think about Marc & I and I realize we need our kids just as much as they need us, if not more. I joke that Sawyer is my stalker boyfriend. Always touching me, following me around, kissing me, and if we are on the couch together she sits as close as possible and drapes one of her little arms around my neck, as if we are on a first date at the movies. The constant touching makes me crazy, but today I realized that I will be really really sad the day that I am not at the center of her universe, because honestly, I secretly like that I am.  Harper is a little more independent and certainly not as clingy, but that makes the hugs and kisses all the more meaningful. Harper is funny, I haven't quite figured her out. She likes to do her own thing and not be pestered but if she notices Sawyer sitting on my lap, she wants to be sitting on my lap too. I am constantly fought over, sometimes it's frustrating, but mostly, I know I have to enjoy it while it lasts.





I can't imagine my world without kids, my kids, to be exact. Even on the worst of days, there is always a funny story or a cute smile that outweighs all of the bad.




Today was one of our first real rainy days of the season. It was actually really nice to spend the day indoors with my girls. Harper has been kind of fussy, we think it's her teeth. But even so, I was happy spending the day with her. Even in all of her crankiness, when she stops & smiles at you, it makes you melt.



Sawyer is a lover.  She was thrilled that her sister wanted to lay by her to watch a movie.  One time when I looked over Sawyer was softly rubbing Harper's face and saying "Hi cutie".


We took a little trip outside to grab our mail.  Not very many jackets, sweater, or long sleeve shirts fit over Sawyer's magnificently large cast.






Look at Sawyer's face.  I am telling you, she adores her little sister.


The day was full of hugs and snuggles.  Harper walked over to give Sawyer another hug, Sawyer couldn't believe it.




Today I feel happy and grateful. So fortunate for my life and for the people in it.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...