Wednesday, May 2, 2012

among the wildflowers

Katina and I packed our girls into my car and headed down to Carlsbad to see the flower fields.  I hadn't been to the flower fields since I was pregnant with Sawyer, so I was excited to go back.  I really thought my kids were going to go crazy for the abundance of flowers, but honestly, they were more interested in playing in the dirt and sharing snacks.  I am glad we made the trip to Carlsbad, but sadly, the highlight of my day was our visit to the outlet mall.  It was a good day, and we always love our outings with Katina and Lauren.



You belong among the wildflowers
You belong somewhere close to me
Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free
-Tom Petty


And since Jimmy Buffett has a special place in my heart and reminds me of my days growing up and playing in the backyard with my family...this version of the song gets me every. single. time.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...