Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunglasses, Carousel Ride and the Days of Our Lives

Life is good.  Exhausting, but good.  I am starting to realize I don't really know how to deal with a toddler...those little boogers truly have minds of their own.  Scary.  The girls are doing great though, and really, they are as a cute as ever.  I am obsessed with my little tan blondies.  I promise I will still be obsessed with them when it is winter and they aren't all golden and sun-kissed, but I am enjoying it now while it lasts.  

I am on a mission to get my home videos organized.  I doubt they ever will be, but I am making progress. 

Last week Marc took Sawyer with him to pick up his parents at the airport and Harper and I had some time alone at home.  I don't get to spend much one on one time with Harper so when I do get to, I really enjoy it.  Harper was cracking me up the other day, especially when she was trying to get on her sunglasses.  Seriously...is she not adorable/hilarious?  She is just Harper, I don't even know how to explain her.



Unfortunately the poor girl never was able to get her sunglasses on by herself, so I helped her out and she was so thrilled.


After figuring out the sunglasses she snuggled with Who, her owl, and discovered lots of random toys and things in her closet.  She was having a grand old time.




I love her little chubby face profile.  




On Friday I spent some time with Sawyer while Harper napped.  I love when I get to spend time alone with each child, I really do.  I think the kids like it too. 


While we were playing I remembered that I had forgotten to give her a bracelet I had purchased for her birthday over two months ago.  She was excited to get a "present" for no reason at all.  She especially liked the fact that it was jewelry, and in a fancy tin.  The simple things.




She is growing up right in front of our eyes.  I love watching her change.  I hate that you can't go back in time...sometimes I wouldn't mind those first few days after we brought her home from the hospital and we were new parents, totally clueless, and our little Bean just snoozed in our arms and brought so much love into a our little apartment.  It just keeps getting better and better, but some of those "first" moments are just so heart warming to think about.  



This girl is starting to challenge us more and more, but no matter what, at the end of the day, I am so so thankful that she is ours.


When I was younger and if I was arguing with my mom, my mom would threaten to take me to the "new mommy store".  I used to hate it when she said that, it was so annoying.  Funny thing is, I have used that same threat with Sawyer.  Gosh was I relieved when I told her she could find a new mom at the "new mommy store" and she cried and told me she didn't want a new mommmy.  Phew.  Wouldn't that be hideous if she took me up on that offer?  That would be devastating.

Later in the afternoon on Friday we spent time at Grandma & Grandpa's.  The girls burned some of their energy playing on the front lawn.  



On Saturday this cute boy and his dad left for a father-son fishing trip in Alaska.  I am loving that they are doing that and I think it sounds like so much fun.  I am a little sad I don't get to see Marc for a week, I started missing him before the first 24 hours had even passed.




Lucky for me, Marc's mom is here and she is keeping me and the girls company.  I know some people like time "alone", as it turns out, I don't.  I like a couple hours alone, but not days.


Sawyer put on this dress and said she was Cinderella.    




We went to Build-a-Bear.  Sawyer picked the ugliest bear to date. Funny thing is, I picked out a normal looking brown bear for Harper and she wants nothing to do with it...Sawyer and Harper fight over the heart covered, eye sore, stuffed Teddy.  




We are having sleep overs with Grandma when we can.  This morning Harper was learning how to open doors on her own.  I love her tush hanging out of her diaper.



We took a trip to the Spectrum and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and took a ride on the carousel.  Harper on the carousel is always my favorite, she is so unsure.  She likes it, but she is skeptical, and it is so cute to watch.  Sawyer loves the merry-go-round, she likes it so much we had to go on it twice.





And something so cute that just came to fruition is that Harper decided to start smiling for the camera.  She literally has like 8 teeth coming in.  I thought it was 5 at first, but it appears that almost every single tooth in her mouth is coming in now.  Her top front teeth have just barely broken through the gums, it won't be long now before she has a full set of chompers.  Or maybe it will take awhile...she is our late bloomer afterall :)








I feel like I have been kind of boring lately, no big news, but I guess that is sometimes a good thing, and I am thankful for this life of ours.

Sawyer starts school tomorrow...I can't believe we are about to be parents of a "student".  Where the heck does the time go?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...